View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
robots4joey
EcoModding Lurker

'98 Civic - '98 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 40.84 mpg (US)

Stacy's Rav - '05 Toyota Rav4 2WD Sport
Here is the ad from craigslist for the car I'm speaking of:
Great little 4 door car. Vehicle is in original stock condition with no aftermarket mods. Black exterior with blue-gray interior. 112K. 5speed manual trans gets 30-31 in my in town daily drive. Power locks with keyless entry. Power windows, sunroof and mirrors. Cruise control and A/C work great. Single disc Honda CD player. Clean car with no apparent paint work and all original body panels. It does have a few small parking lot dings. Clear Kansas title. Selling to purchase a larger car. I've had it for a couple of years of trouble free service with just maintenance stuff done like plugs, cap,wires, fuel filter and air filter replacement. Front tires are 1 year old with 5K on them.

/////////////////////////////////
more details I have by email:
I bought the car about 2 years ago with ~106K so I have not put that many miles on it. I just wanted something with good mileage for my commute when gas was $4 a gallon. I bought it from a young lady who was moving to Hawaii to teach school. No really I’m not making that up. It is still my daily driver but I bought a mini van for our expanding family and just need one less car. I have done the oil changes myself every 5-6 mo as I don’t drive that much. I use Fram filters and Mobile 1 which I think is the best out there. I’ll see if I have any of the old records but I don’t think there was much from the previous owner. I just put new Duralast Gold brake pads on the front tonight. It will also get a new muffler this weekend also. I figured it would be hard to sell making noise from the brakes and exhaust.
I have had no issues with the car and would like to keep it but 4 cars for 2 drivers is too much.

The engine is the 1.6L 1590cc SOHC D16Y8. The Vin is 2HGEJ8546WH596993.