View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
tylerc
EcoModding Lurker

04 bmw 330 efficiency training

So I recently got a new job where I will be driving a LOT. I have an 04 330ci BMW and was thinking about garaging it and getting an old civic for some good mpg when the better half gave me the old "if you get another car your sleeping in it"

Now I am looking for ways to improve the mpg of the car while still retaining the looks and performance of the car I love.

Right now I am getting a (horrible compared to you guys) highway mpg of about 26mpg at 70-75.

Currently I have a http://namotorwerks.com/images/vorst...trunk_lid3.jpg csl trunk with integrated spoiler installed which I think is equivalent to a Guernsey flap. What people have told me is that this is one of the few mods that makes your car more slippery and also provides down force. Any opinions?

I also have a different front end on the car which is lower then the stock piece but also has a small diffuser like this:E46 front bumpers image by kraycoenterprise on Photobucket is this good or bad for mpg?

I have on order a set of underdrive pulleys which should increase mpg and power, I will report back what I find with those modifications.

I also ordered a set of vortex generators and wanted some opinions on both how effective they would be and what people thought on the looks. These aren't attached and I am trying to figure out if I should or not. I am really torn over this because originally I really didn't like how they looked. after I painted them and stared at them a while I didn't mind them but would like some more opinions.

Thanks, any other suggestions would be welcomed!