View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #155 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Well, summer is on its way and its getting closer to the point where the summer wheel/tires can be put on. I noted when I first got the Prius that it had practically brand new tires on it, some uniroyal tigerpaw something or anothers. Well, today I'm placing my order for some Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 tires through a local vendor. These tires are ranked 2nd in TireRack's: When Round and Black Becomes Lean and Green testing (video here). The best tires being the Michelin Energy Saver A/S tires which cost $119 each. The Ecopia's weren't too far behind the Energy Savers mileage wise and were slightly better handling wise. They also cost $80, thus I go with them. I'm very much looking forward to getting them on the car.

I'm also anxious just to get the 205 wide Matrix (vs Prius 185s) winter tires off it. I did manage to pickup a new set of steelies for the Prius this past weekend, so I'll be picking up new winter tires sometime in the future too. I'll be looking at the Nokian tires that are noted for their low rolling resistance despite being a snow tire!