View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I haven't had time to read up on the home built speed controller, at this time I would like to stick with off the shelf parts, mostly so when someone sees my motorcycle and asks if I can build one for them, or if they can build one for them self, I can give them a parts list and keep it simple.
So far most of my time has been spent on part design for parts that can be mass produced, I might have 40-50 hours in to this project so far but when I go to build my 2nd one I'll be at this same mile marker after only 3-5 hours and would like to be able to build one from start to finish in a weekend.
My brother who is helping with the CNC made parts has other projects at school right now and I have alot of projects at work right now so I don't see much progress for the next month, altho I do plan to start on the battery rack soon, thinking welded aluminum plate, altho that is going to require me to set my welder up for aluminum, if I can I want to make the battery boxes large enough for foam insulation to help keep the batteries warm.