View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
basjoos
Master EcoModder

Aerocivic - '92 Honda Civic CX
Last 3: 70.54 mpg (US)

AerocivicLB - '92 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.14 mpg (US)

Camryglide - '20 Toyota Camry hybrid LE
90 day: 62.77 mpg (US)
From what I can see, the basic shape of the hatchback looks like it would easily lend itself to a full aeromod and boattail like I did with my Honda Civic. The big question is the gearing on the manual tall enough to take full advantage of the aeromod's drag reduction? Since the 6 speed auto gets better mileage than the 5 speed manual (and since they don't offer the Super Fuel Economy Package with the manual) it looks like they followed the usual trend of providing short gearing on the manual for "sporty" driving. The other question is how does the dual clutch automatic respond to hypermiling driving techniques? Will it drop a gear and rev up the engine like most automatics do when you try to place it into a fuel efficient low rpm/80% throttle acceleration. Does it have an option of selecting between FE and sporty shifting behavior. But the weight and overall shape of the car are better than anything I've seen on the American new car market since the demise of the original Insight. Put a rounded, adjustable grill inlet nose on the front and a full boattail on the back and you should be able to knock the Cd well below the stock value.