View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
mhmitszach -

Aesthetically not liking it is fair. Except for the drivetrain, I think the Volt/Cruze share a lot of parts. In this picture the profile seems close :

Here's some old blab on it :

2011 Chevrolet Cruze First Drive on Inside Line (April 2009)
Quote:
Known internally as project J300, the Cruze is the very first GM car to be planned from its green light back in late 2006 as a totally global model. It's taken GM awhile to set up something as brilliantly cost-effective as this car, but it's finally here and there is now no looking back. Here's hoping it's not too little, too late.

Engineering for the J300 project has been headquartered in Germany at GM Europe's headquarters in Rüsselsheim, Germany. All design work has been led by the international team in Incheon, South Korea, at the former Daewoo facility, with designers Dave Lyon and Taewan Kim presiding (love the BMW 3 Series-style taillights also found on the recently sexed-up Citroën C5). Cruze production is cranking full steam at a plant in Bupyong, South Korea, and will soon also rev up in St. Petersburg, Russia, and Shenyang in China.
The image of the car depends on the market you're talking about. In Southeast Asia (and perhaps in China as the Buick Cruze), it's a family's dream car. In Korea or Russia and Eastern Europe, it's a solid midmarket player, a clear notch above the Korean brands or VW-based Škoda. In Europe and Australia, the Cruze is the smart, well-finished alternative with big-car room and small-car practicality. For us in North America, the Cruze needs to steal customers from the Japanese, the Koreans, and from the Ford Focus.
I'm taking a wait and see approach. If the problems it has are liveable (all cars have issues, it just depends on how much $$ it costs to fix them), then maybe I'll pony-up for one someday.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society