View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #44 (permalink)
robertwb70
EcoModding Apprentice

1991 RED Metro 1.0 Auto - '91 Geo Metro Lsi Auto
Team Metro
90 day: 38.28 mpg (US)

1991 3/5 2 door Blue/green - '91 Geo Metro
Last 3: 42.6 mpg (US)
Well I haven't done anything with the Kamm extension because I'm due for new tires in the back and they will be taller than what I have now so I'm trying to wait and see how much that effects the angle. I will tape some tufts on later this week but it's supposed to rain the next couple of days so probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

I did work on the exhaust some to fix a mistake I made that has been bothering me lately. I've posted some pics and stuff at the blog linked in previous posts. Basically I removed the 1.75" ID pipe and replaced it with 1" ID, from the manifold to the converter. The engine feels much better now in the RPM range it actually operates in, it was done about 50 miles from the end of the last tank so this tank should show any differences.

I also made a small piece of sheet metal (no pics yet) so I can completely block the lower grill for the morning commutes, maybe more if it doesn't overheat. It's held on by some neo magnets from old hard drives so it can be removed easily if cooling becomes an issue. I also pulled the timing back some in anticipation of higher operating temps and potential pinging.

Also added some old pics of exhaust to my album in the gallery here.

Last edited by robertwb70; 03-29-2010 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: additional info