View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #110 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
I have some scales and plan on tracking the weight once I am to the point of assembling the car. Right now it is just a temporary install and nothing is truly bolted down and I am missing a huge amount of stuff so a weight would have no reference to base it on. I plan on once I get this last bit of bracing and stuff done to paint the car and start assembling it one part at a time. I will get a weight of the car as a bare chassis first. I eventually will be able to compare it to the weight of the bare xfi chassis once it is stripped down.

I figure for the final assembly I will post pics of the build as well as a final weight for that day. I really don't think I am going to save a huge amount of weight on this car. I used heavier material than I really needed to and it still is going to have normal car stuff like roll down windows and working doors and junk. All that stuff adds up to weight so if I was to guess I would say 1500lbs total weight complete with all fluids. If I went totally stripped down with lexan bolt in windows and only door skins no frame, skin the trunk and hood and do a massive reduction in stuff that isn't absolutely required I could probably be around 1000lbs I guess.

Plus I am probably going to make the interior nice and as detailed as I can. I won't make it unnecessarily heavy with soundproofing and stuff, but it will have speakers and a pair of small amps hooked to the computer. I figure the interior will be 50lbs when all the extra stuff is added in.

Here is the case I am using for the new carpc 1.2ghz fanless, 1gb ram, 120gb hd, m2-atx power supply, 802.11, bluetooth, and gps. I also got the megatune software for megasquirt to integrate nicely into roadrunner so it will have a nice display.