View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
morkys
EcoModding Lurker

cfg83...yep, I used many a tire size calculator. The stock Corolla tire size is 175/65R 14 for the CE and 185/65R 14 for the S and LE. The diameter of the tires compare like this:

175/65R 14 = 22.95
195/60R 14 = 23.21
185/65R 14 = 23.46

So you can see the tire is right in between...so overall, the size is not bad. I will get either KYB GR2's or Tokico HP's. As for springs, I am not going for a large amount of lowering, and actually want to keep the lowering to a minimum, if you get my meaning Either Tein H-techs or H & R...both around 1.2-1.25" drop overall.

Deezler,

I will clean up the front and underside of the car. I'm new to lip-spoiler / air dam's...but I'll look into it. I won't go too big on the exhaust. I had a 1989 Ford Probe GT turbo and needless to say, it wasn't great on gas, although, it was nice that you could drive it very conservatively and keep boost very low when driving normally. I installed a complete 2.5" stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust from the downpipe back complete with resonator, CAT and straight-through muffler and it improved my fuel-economy by approx 3 MPG. The boost is controlled by the ECU and the wastegate, so I didn't see more HP, but the increase from 1 7/8" diameter exhaust to a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust must have removed some restriction to the engine. Anyways, whatever the stock exhaust diameter is, I won't up it nearly as much as I did the Probe....and that's something I'm typing about in another thread

Ok then, I'm going to research front lip-spoilers and smoothing the front and underside of my car. Also curious about tire/wheel fairings

Last edited by morkys; 04-07-2010 at 10:21 PM..