View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
morkys
EcoModding Lurker

mcrews,

Gotcha. Did you lower with the 245 or the 255 wide tires? What springs and struts did you use? Amazingly, using a tire calculator, your 255/45 ratio 18" tires have only a 1/10 th of an inch less sidewall height.

I realize lowering the car will reduce ride quality. I will consider not lowering the car, if but I doit will be as little as possible, mostly in an effort to maintain ride quality. The least I can lower it is 1.2". I started down this path to improve handling, but if a minor lowering improves aero too, then all the better. It may be possible to use coil-overs or otherwise adjustable springs to customize the drop amount, but they are expensive.

If I don't lower my car, I could just upgrade my struts and swaybars. The first strut upgrade option is KYB GR2's which are slightly firmer than stock. Next after that is Tokico HP's, which are firmer, and then after that you get into racing oriented stuff. I could try lowering 1.2" and if I don't like it, I could switch back.

I assume that getting a spring lowering kit that has a more uniform drop front to back is better for aero? Some lowering spring kits lower the front more than the back.