View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
I would advise against the garbage bag coverings, I tried it on my mirror deflector, and it made a ton of noise, flapped in the wind, and pulled air in somehow making it into more of a balloon. If you are worried about the cardboard getting wet, remember you plan on testing in good conditions, and don't have to drive it on days that are poor. Also, you can look into the used campaign sign plastic if you want to go an intermediate route. I would suggest you do coast down testing to get the Cd and Crr of your car to begin with. Then when you make changes, you can repeat the testing to see the difference. I have done coast down testing a couple times now, and I have found it is more post processing than anything, and there are a lot of us around the forum that can help with getting you started if you need. I think you will do well to just continue the lines of the Insight, since it is already super sleek. I once saw a picture of an insight that had a custom built trailer behind it that was super long with a fin. I think it's Cd got down to around 0.12, which would be pretty amazing. If you get a back of car bicycle rack, you can do your testing easy without ever putting duct tape on your car (unlike many of us). Best of luck!