View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #250 (permalink)
DawidvC
EcoModding Lurker

Tazzy - '02 Toyota Tazz Sport
90 day: 43 mpg (US)
If you are really interested in using industrial motors, JRoque, please have a look here -

aeva.asn.au/forums under electric motors and controllers you will find a post - changing an induction motor voltage ( wish I can post links - this software wont let me yet )

There are some other information scattered in their forums and in DIYElectricar regarding motor ratings.
The motor you mention above, will also be rated 460V, 103Hz 86.5HP without any modifications, just by running it connected for 220V at 460V and the right V/Hz ration. However, some of the Aussies will most probably rewire that monster for 200HP nominal ( about 460HP Max ) without violating any electrical laws. They typically use 11 - 22kw motors rewired for anything from 19kw to 88kw nominal, which would give you a max of at least 42kw to 220kw. The nominal rating of an industrial S1-rated ac-motor is virtually meaningless in an EV - it only tells you at what power the drive will have to limit you if you were pushing the car very hard. The real maximum power available is hard to define, as there are lots of ways to increase the power as seen in those posts.

I ope that helps a little bit
Dawid