View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
damies
EcoModding Lurker

Vacuum issues general

My big family car is a 1.3L Honda Jazz(Fit) with the CVT, when I had an after-market universal cruise control fitted it had a problem where it would work but then run out of steam on a hill, I believe the problem was due to the small engine capacity and the constant low revs as a result of the CVT the vacuum reservoir was not being replenished quickly enough so as there was not enough vacuum pressure the cruise control would switch off. The Solution they the installer came up with was a second vacuum reservoir tank, Now my Jazz has 2 reservoir's and the cruise control has never failed me even on big hills. Hope this info helps someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
a Geo Prizm is a Toyota, a Geo Metro is a Suzuki, I don't think it would easly work, I've talked to people who put "universal" cruse control on metros before and had them work ok, but the engine apparently is small enough that the lack of engine vacuum doesn't always keep the cruse control on, a small vacuum tank and a check valve could fix this.
I would love to see a group order or something of Super MIDs, I would buy one if I knew how.