View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
LED taillights, turn signals, marker lights & headlights!

Hi folks,

I decided to buy some LED replacement lights for the tail/brake lights, the turn signals and the front marker lights on my Scion xA, and I am pleased with the overall results. The taillights are equally bright and they use the optical reflector very well. The brake lights come on instantaneously, and are similar to the old bulbs in brightness.

The turn signals also are very attention grabbing -- they light instantaneously, but also they blink faster now that the current load is so low. The front marker lights are surprisingly bright, and I chose the cool white color, so they look like low intensity DRL's though I don't think they are bright enough to be very visible in the daytime. But I use them at dusk and dawn and in the fog and rain, so for that they are an improvement on the original bulbs.

I'm sure that these use a tiny fraction of the power, but I doubt I'll even notice a FE change. I did it for the longevity, the instant-on, and so if they save power, then great.

Oh, I bought them from Super Bright LED's, and the 8 bulbs cost me about $52 shipped.

Here's the red and amber ones I got:

And the little white marker lights:

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 05-19-2010 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: changed title
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
bgd73 (04-19-2010)