View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
JohnMcD348
EcoModding Lurker

Close but not quite the same.

My trucks actually a 1500(HD) if they actually built one that way. On paper, it's a 1500, in reality though it sits on the 2500 chassis minus 1 rear leaf spring. I wieghed it on the scales a few weeks back and discovered it wieghed in at 7300lbs. That was empty, 3/4 tank(I think) and my 45lb son sitting in the back seat. I think the QuadCab wieghs in around 55-6500lbs. My MegaCab is essentially the LongBed 2500 with a regular box in the back and the extra space is taken up by the extended cab. THe interior space is incredible in that truck, you can actually recline the seats in the back to about 30*. The leg room in there is so good that me(6'3", 270lb and my BIL(6'6", 270lb) can sit in the back seats with the front seats all the way back and still have leg room. I also, don't have the MDS in the Hemi, like that which comes in the actual 1500's. I'd probably be abel to stretch out an extra 2mpg,s if it had that in there. But, anyway. I didn't realize how low the MPG's were with that truck when I ordered it. Had I known, I'd have probably bit the bullet and spent the extra for the Diesel version just for the added fuel economy of it.