View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
suspectnumber961
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc2dave View Post
What are aholes? I can think of one meaning but i don;t think it pertains to this thread. Did you notice a difference with the fa2000?
Here is my ahole story....

Maybe 10 yrs or so ago (in winter)....I was parked along a road in some woods taking a break when a couple of guys came along in a pickup nodding and smiling. A couple minutes later they come by again...this time lookin' mean. I think...hmmm...and head home.

Got maybe 50 miles or so to the NW and stopped at a gas station to refill...but the pump didn't shut off...spilling maybe a quart of gas on the ground. It was enough that I was afraid to start the car up...so I pushed it away from the pump and went inside...asking the Middle Eastern type guy at the counter WTF...he said that 2 guys did it...sitting nearby looked like the same pickup...probably driven by 2 aholes.

So what were the aholes up to? Probably some kind of ahole test to see if I was paying attention....there is a sign on the pumps saying that you are responsible for the pump shutting off. No matter if there is a fire at the pumps and people get burned...the aholes wouldn't know anything about that. If there was a fire...you'd just read in the paper about some irresponsible driver who caused the fire....aholes can do no wrong.

They can also cause the pump to run slow.

Can't say why I got the 36 mpg...unless the aholes have found a way to give me some free gas. The car was definitely full....previous tank was avg.

As far as the FA2000...testing will be slow...but I do intend to do a thorough test if possible....things been sitting in a box for 5 yrs or so.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL