View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Okay, I ordered the blinking unit from Super Bright LEDs -- and I ordered some brighter miniature wedge base bulbs for the license plate and front marker lights, and some for the side turn signals; and a set for my wife's xD... yeah, I got carried away. :-)
I may get ambitious about this as well. I just got the four leds in today, I like the precise colors... there is no heat.
I bought the extremely efficient 1 bulb led lights, two for marker (swamped by a bigger bulb right next to it.. it is rather silly), and two to calm down my license plate light in the back.. it looked like reverse lights, (they are that bright with 194) sitting in the middle of the tailgate. I spotted the resistors inside the bulbs base and new the volt guage was going to do something different switching on and off. Sure enough,the guage drops after turening lights off, instaead of climbing. I reversed an old situation. The cool temps will leave my tailgate handle alone in the winter, sitting in its all aluminum surroundings.. the leaky volts and heat of 194 was proven wrong in myown setup (it just needed 20 years to reveal it)

thanks for the ideas here.. I may go with the led flashers and multi bulbed for 1156/1157 next.