View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
What I did when looking for (and eventually finding) a car was to set the craigslsit search to 100-1000, and save that as a book mark on my browser's bar. Timing is everything, lots of good deals last only a few hours. Don't be afraid to make calls on many of them either. The CRX was pure luck and resourcefulness. It was on the edge of my price limit, at $950, but I clicked anyways. Found he wanted to trade for an Isuzu Rodeo axle. Calling around a few junk yards, found one for $250 at a yard that I frequented when building my CST10. The guy cut me an even better deal and I walked out of the yard with it for $200 bucks. Drive to Austin, drive the car back.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-hf-13053.html

Right now is the time to buy, though. Recession has been awesome for used car prices, they're dropping since those needing to sell cars are willing to let them go at lower prices. I've seen some great deals on various classics come and go due to this. Also, summer is just starting. Once fuel prices jump full swing, you can expect to pay much more for smaller cars. Just like how Geos were selling top dollar years ago, even the rough ones.

Austin and Dallas had way better selections than Houston, and I just happen to look at Austin for S-n-G's and found it. And after buying it, found that it was the HF. Money very well spent.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues