View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Cheap cars that are two good a deal to pass up is part of why I bought my 2nd civic vx and my Citi-car, talked my parents in to buying a Honda N600 and have found hand fulls of cars that were less then $500, even 6 months ago I found handfuls of cars that I had to remind my self that I did not need, now we are going on week... two? of my civic being loaned out to a friend who is without a car, lucky for me I only use my civic when I want to drive something with heat, or farther then my electric car will let me, I suspect I'll want it back at some point but I'm not sure when.
As it is, the $2,000-3,000 cars that are showing up are really more like $500 cars, or they are selling so fast that the people who have them never call us back.
I check craigs list every day or two just to see what is on there and it's been like this for months.
I'm thinking that we might also be to a point in time where 10 years ago there wasn't anything good being made, or so few good small cars that the choices are slim, in a few more years we will have 10 year old toyota Yaris hatch backs, smart cars, Mini's, and a few others, but maybe now is just a bad time for used small cars.