View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chazmon3
EcoModding Lurker

New guy w/background OK... an old guy!

Hi Everyone!
I have been reading your posts for a few days and finally joined since there is a lot of great info and exchange. So far the only true eco friendly vehicle I have is an old Ford van that is propane powered. I am also a Saab enthusiast. They are pretty good cars that are reasonably efficient and very powerful, but I am seeking more on the green front!
I am near retirement and have much experience in automotive, electronics, machine shop, etc. I am very attracted to propane powered vehicles and believe this is something that should be pushed since it is a non-foreign fuel, clean, and easily set up to distribute with no major changes in infrastructure. But the electric vehicles keep hounding me and will probably have to make one of those sometime (so there goes a few years). But anyway on the electric car I certainly would bend toward 3 phase. So I will be offering some input and certainly will be asking some questions in the near future.
Thanks to all of you for being here! I can see this is where great things begin.