View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
WaxyChicken
Nomadic Chicken

Cancer Free & Smoke Free Cigarette

(I wasn't sure if this would be an off-toppic tech or a lounge so i errd on side of caution)

www.SuperCig.com claims smoke-free cigarette

This device uses a battery to light a fake cherry LED while also emitting nicotine filled vapor that is ment to quench one's cigarette craving.
The claims from the developer's website implies that the cigarette is cancer safe and directly claims the cigarette falls withing guidelines for non-smoking public area. So you now have the ability to ''Light Up'' in the no-smoking section.

supercig.com: "The cartridge contains water, propylene glycol, nicotine, and a tobacco flavor"

Wikipedia.com Propylene glycol entry:"Propylene glycol does not cause sensitization and it shows no evidence of being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic."
and their nicotine entry:
"The currently available literature indicates that nicotine, on its own, does not promote the development of cancer in healthy tissue and has no mutagenic properties."

So has anyone tried this?

if so:
1 - does it quench the urge for an 'authentic' ciggy?
2 - who owns this product? a big cig company or a startup?
3 - does it taste as bad as cigs?
4 - does the vapor dissipate easier than true cig smoke?

I switched to mini cigars about 6 months ago. I buy them on the Native American Indian reservation. so they avoid all taxes - even manufacturing tax because they are technically not a cigarette. I smoke a pack of these a day.
Before i switched from cigs to cigars i was smoking over 2 packs a day.
so i'm egar to see if this can be an alternative to true cigarettes.