View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mifunego
EcoModding Lurker

The Taco - '99 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
90 day: 19.29 mpg (US)
Data overload with new device

Ok, I know, there can never be such a thing... I'm a confessed Excelaholic. With the recent installation of my Accessport, I can either load a premade map or custom tune on my own, based on current datalogs, mods, and goals.

That being said, I need to sort through all kinds of juicy data that this thing monitors. I'm already making informative graphs, but I'd like to hear any other suggestions for analysis/comparison of any of the more interesting data. I'm not sure what all the MPGuinos et al. log, but this one logs about 3 times per second any or all of the following. Feel free to note your thoughts on any of these measurements:

Accel. Pedal Position (%)
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temp
Equiv. Ratio (AFR)
Inj. Pulse Width (ms)
RPM
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Intake Temp.
Knock Retard
Calculated Load (%)
Long Term FT (%)
Mass Airflow (g/s)
Short Term FT (%)
Throttle Position (%)
Vehicle Speed (mph)
Actual AFR
Boost Air Temp
Throttle Duty Cyc.
Fan Duty (%)
Fuel Inj. Amt. (mg/cyl)
DI Fuel Pressure (PSI)
Boost/Vac (PSI)
Spark Advance
Intake Valve Advance
Wastegate Duty (%)

Any of these can also be monitored in real time on the display while logging, with min and max displayed under current.

Incidentally, this also makes some other interesting measurements and estimations, including 0-60, 60 ft., 330 ft., 1/4 mile acceleration records, and hp/tq "dyno" estimation charts. And like any good OBD II plug-in, it reads and clears error codes. Of course, it also shows estimated mpg, current and average. Why else would I buy it? A pretty neat little device, I have to say.