View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
ben98gs
EcoModding Lurker

Sedan - '95 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 50.67 mpg (US)

Optima SX - '12 Kia Optima SX
90 day: 33.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
On my 1996, it has to be in gear, foot off the pedal, and above 1200 rpm. If you try a few coast-downs, you can feel a "surge" when the fuel flow comes back on.
I can feel it in the lower gears, but not in the higher... One of the main things that I was wondering about was if it was linked to the brake switch as well. That is part of the reason I was looking for the post, because whatever post I remember reading I almost want to say that it says the DFCO kicks off (or in other words the injectors start again) when the brake is pressed. I did some DFCO last tank but did brake while decelerating in gear (normally I just shift to neutral while braking) and MPG went down... So I was trying to prove (to myself at least) that this was because I was failing to DFCO because I was braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
With a DX, I'm assuming you also, like me, have no tachometer. Note the speed and which gear you're in for the coast-down, and you can calculate the rpm. Example: Max speed in 2nd gear is 62 mph. DFCO shuts down (surges) at 11 mph. Max rpm is 6900. 6900*(11/62) = 1224 rpm.
Does not apply... I swapped in a tach a while back, but you are correct, it did not have one originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
if you have a mpguino, your instant gph should go to zero and your instant mpg should go to 999999 when in dfco
Maybe I should just wait and not try to DFCO until I have my MPGuino hooked up (currently started assembling the parts last night I had acquired to build my own "kit").

Just wish I could find the information that I remember reading. I do not remember if it was on here or somewhere else... And hell, for that matter it could have even been for another car (not the Civic) and I just made it up in my mind that it was for the Civic... lol Would not be the first time I remembered something incorrectly.

If I do find it though, I might try and figure out how to add it to the wiki and start a DFCO condition list.