View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #106 (permalink)
CapriRacer
Tire Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
I suppose this diagram is just wrong then?

Orange4boy,

I hope you understand that I am not singling you out for ridicule, but you've just demonstrated a point well worth repeating - and that is being careful to really understanding what it is you are looking at:

Notice the "steel belts" - they are sort of white. What direction do the cords in the belt appear to go? The cords look like black lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
The article is obviously an informed opinion and presented as such.....
Sgt. Storton's article may have been presented as such, but my interpretation is that the answer came first and Sgt. Storton added "facts" to support his position.

One such "fact" was, as I pointed out, that the civilian and the police pursuit versions of the Crown Victoria have different inflation pressures - contrary to what Sgt. Storton wrote. That is not the only error in the article, but it is telling that all he needed to do to confirm it (or deny it) was to go down to the Ford dealer - and he obviously didn't.

But these errors go to the fundamentals. Once you remove them, his arguments have no technically sound basis. It's just a guy spouting his opinion - which is fine so long as everyone understands that.

Unfortunately, many folks will read this article and form an opinion, not realizing how truly unsupported his claims are.

And that, my friends, is one of the problems with the internet. You can find a web page to support almost any position you take:

Flat earth? Yup.

Melting ice cap. Ice cap is not melting. Yup, got both of those!

It is important that we recognize what information is real and what is not. And more importantly, no information means no information. It doesn't mean lack of contradiction.

Last edited by CapriRacer; 05-02-2010 at 07:44 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (05-02-2010)