View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heynow999
Peter

My Truck - '96 Dodge RAM 3500 Laramie
New 96 Dodge, here's the plan

I just picked up a 96 Dodge 3500 12v auto 4x4.
I need the truck because I install solar panels in the summer and I plow snow in the winter. It will be used as a work truck %90 of the time. I will be using it to go to customers houses so it can't look to wild.

Here is what I am thinking. The cap has to go as I need to transport ladders. I will use a back rack and a tonneau cover. I don't know if that will help or hurt FE or it may be a wash. I imagine when I do have to carry ladders it will really hurt FE.

I am thinking racing disk wheel covers. They make them in 16" so it should fit my rims. I may also try partial rear wheel covers as the space around and above the tire is huge.

I may try a grill block. There is the large top grill, and smaller holes across the bumper that are for the tranny cooler (I think?) I don't want to block the lower holes as I don't has a tranny temp gauge, but I feel comfortable blocking the rad because I can keep an eye on the temp

I also have some air tabs kicking around so I may as well put those on the cab roof.

Also on the list is to change the diff oil to synthetic.

I read a really good article where they got 30 MPG from a truck like this.

1997 Dodge Ram 3500 Dualie Cummins - Diesel Power Magazine

Suggestions welcome

Peter

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262_6_1.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	6007