View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heynow999
Peter

My Truck - '96 Dodge RAM 3500 Laramie
Ya guys, I get it.

As I said, I install solar panels for a living. I understand the whole burning of fossil fuels being bad. I searched long and hard to find a 12v Cummins because they get the best fuel mileage of any diesel. I purposely pointed out that it is a work truck and will be used as a work truck %90 of the time. I am not some shlub coming here and asking how I can get better gas mileage for my Expedition because my single person 150 mile commute is hurting my pocket book. I also need a truck that big because I helped build a solar powered hair and make-up trailer that is used in the film industry and I occaisionally tow that trailer to make extra money. I also plan on running the truck on WVO as I did my last work truck, which makes the truck carbon neutral because the CO that is exhausted had just recently been absorbed from the atmosphere by the vegetable, unlike any gas car that is adding CO to the atmoshpere that has been locked away for 10's of millions of years. Also if you notice, the truck is a 1996 because I know the carbon footprint of an old vehicle has already been paid off as opposed to getting a new truck.

http://www.wired.com/science/planete...ies_09usedcars

When you consider the truck will be run mostly on WVO I would argue it's carbon footprint will be smaller than "any" ICE that burns gas. If you look closely in the pictures you can see the reflection of my 1985 diesel Mercedes, again a car that has had the carbon footprint paid off years ago and because of it's good MPG I would put it up against most new cars in terms of carbon footprint. It gets a shot of WVO when it is warm enough outside.

Do people realize that it takes the atmosphere 100 years to adjust to new CO levels? That means that we will not see the effects of what we are doing today for 100 years. Got kids?

Frankly, I don't think you could find a greener person that me. I have a solar hot water system on my house for domestic hot water and my PV panels produce so much energy that they actually pay all the utility bills for my house, gas, electricity and water.

I am working on getting a goverment loan to develope low cost solar water heating systems so that everyone will install then. I also have several products I want to develope that would replace gas generators with PV/battery units.

I am building a $40,000 solar system on a commercial building I own that should power a few houses.

I am a member of the Green party and I may run as the candidate for Parliment in the next election. The Party told me the position is mine if I want it.

Anyways....

I did a grill block today. I found some outdoor window shrink wrap plastic so I thought it might be a bit thicker and stand up to being a grill block. Sadly it seemed to be the same thickness as the indoor stuff. I covered the whole grill. These trucks are know to run cool so we will see how it goes. If I start to overheat it will be easy to just rip it off. Pictures tell the story
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0271_5_1.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	6008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0272_1_1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	6009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273_1_1.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	6010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0274_1_1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	6011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0275_1_1.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	6012  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0276_1_1.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	6013  

Last edited by Heynow999; 05-03-2010 at 03:11 AM..