View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Wood View Post
1) "first responders complaining"...have problems with EV Conversions
More than likely total BS, a case of they heard that something may happen kind of thing and are afraid of what MIGHT possibly happen.

Quote:
2) "insurance companies don't like to cover EV's"...calls to many tell me they will however insure a fully electric vehicle from one of the major auto manufacturers
Are they really any different than a hobbiest car which can be insured?

Quote:
3) "EV conversion is a developing industry"......EV conversion industry has been around longer than many of the major car makers...where do you think they learned how to build them

This all from a government that ran on being more Green and getting more EV's on the road.

What they meant was they are in bed with insurance and major auto companies (that the tax payers own in some cases - bail out money) and by more EV's on the roads they mean ones you buy from the big 3 auto makers. You know the ones, they dont go as far, the batteries are not that great and the over all quality had it been a home job would never have passed the muster for a safety.
More Green = More money for them.

Needless to say if the possibility of a large interest possibly loosing a few dollars occurs the government strikes back fast. Just like our local WPS utility, people aren't using enough power so we must jack up rates, by the way we still want to build another power plant. Makes perfect sense to me.

Oh and if I were you I would leave the gasser in and register it as a gasser then put an electric, but thats just me