View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
JohnMcD348
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMPG View Post
We have a member that fits in a Geo Metro with no problems, I might add, who is 6'8" and over 350lbs.

You may be onto something, we could all drive 3 ton tanks to "protect" our families.

I don't mine you driving a truck, just don't use the "safety/4x4" excuse.
1st off I will argue that being that size and doesn't have an issue with a vehicle that size. And secondly, my vehicle is inherently safer than the smaller econoboxes out there. I have been involved in accidents due to others driving habits and can say I am safer in my choice of vehicles than in something else. I also am not limited in my ability to go where I want, when I want in regards to my hobbies and leisure activities.

So I take it from the previous couple of posts, you're one of those militant types who classify me as one of those Mother Earth Raper, Big Car driving, Baby Seal beaters. I got that alot from the few posts over on CleanMPG for the short period of time I spent there.

The simple fact of the matter is that I do appreciate the value of safety for me and my family. It is not my responsibility to protect everyone else. I provide for me and mine, I pay taxes that go to the provision of others who choose not to.

I do everything in my power to do the best with the amount I earn and am given. I see no need to waste, I recycle, I plan accordingly to get the most from what I have. I choose to drive a large truck because that is what I want and can afford to do. If you have an issue with that I would gladly discuss it with you via PM and not in the public forum.

I do not have a sense of superiority but I do take issue with those who drive their Prius', Geos, and other fuel sippers and see the need to give me the finger when driving down the highway. You Sir or Ma'am whoever you may be should rethink your priorities in life. It doesn't matter what a person drives and it really should make no difference to you or your quality of life.

So I take it from the previous couple of posts, you're one of those militant types who classify me as one of those Mother Earth Raper, Big Car driving, Baby Seal beaters. I got that alot from the few posts over on CleanMPG for the short period of time I spent there.

The simple fact of the matter is that I do appreciate the value of safety for me and my family. It is not my responsibility to protect everyone else. I provide for me and mine, I pay taxes that go to the provision of others who choose not to.

I do everything in my power to do the best with the amount I earn and am given. I see no need to waste, I recycle, I plan accordingly to get the most from what I have. I choose to drive a large truck because that is what I want and can afford to do. If you have an issue with that I would gladly discuss it with you via PM and not in the public forum.

I do not have a sense of superiority but I do take issue with those who drive their Prius', Geos, and other fuel sippers and see the need to give me the finger when driving down the highway. You Sir or Ma'am whoever you may be should rethink your priorities in life. It doesn't matter what a person drives and it really should make no difference to you or your quality of life.

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 05-06-2010 at 09:02 PM..