View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I would think, engineers would devlopa slick light efficient frame on 2 very light weight wheels capable of effortless pedaling ...

Then market testing would prove that it needs a lightweight fairing to protect occupants from wind and bugs, which leads to a windshield, wiper eventually an a/c system because the wind is directed around the passengers ...

Then they would decide that fiberglass wont get them a 5 star crash rating so they consider CF, but it becomes to expensive, so they decide on a thin metal skin.

Because of the metal skin they have to add airbags and now a radio because without wind noise, everyone gets bored. Eventually they realize that the bike has become to heavy for just 1 person to hold up so they offer 2 additional wheels to help distribute the weight and stabilize the bicycle during turns and we have the latest rendition ...

The renamed, re badges 4 wheel bicycle, which they call the car, because it is still fresh in the consumers mind ...

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???

The Following User Says Thank You to trikkonceptz For This Useful Post:
VWCw (07-05-2010)