View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Big population center... our votes count! I just found their websites, emailed them to "volunteer", told them that I couldn't do anything until after the election, and wanted to help clean up the big signs for them, and would dispose of them also. Only one wrote back, but that has gotten me where I am today. What I did to keep them in "one piece" and still fit them in my little car was score them around 1/3 of the way from each end, then fold them over and stuff through my trunk and into my back seats. The 4x8 ones are the really big ones that you might see at intersections and such. If you contact a local sign shop, they may be able to get you full sheets also, or have some "discounted" misprints, or hard to move colors, or something like that. I would guess going the sign shop route you should be able to get them for under $20 a sheet.
Oh, you can also contact your local republican/democrat headquarters. I remember a while ago, someone had dropped out of a race and they had STACKS of big 4x8 signs all printed up and ready to be placed, just laying outside the headquarters going to be put in the dumpster. Someone here on Ecomodder snagged the whole lot of them. You might be able to do something like that, only after the election.