View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
FuzzyD
Pro Driver, Will Attempt

Brick Samson (sweedish murder machine) - '87 Volvo 244 DL
90 day: 24.38 mpg (US)

Brick Second - '87 Volvo 244 DL
90 day: 25.68 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to FuzzyD
I had already done tests in the past month or so with the car running with or without it plugged in, it is helping things over all, After this tank of gas Ill pop off my cool intake block, check for further difference.

My understanding was that the fuel system leaned out for higher temperatures, or was this only for the coolant temperature, rather than the intake air sensor? This is good to know.

The first thing I did yesterday (and when I put the cone filter on of the car,*) was to clean the MAF / AMM, Careful of the inside components. Do have a spare one from a 92 240, but its not the adjustable type, so am dubious as to weather or not its compatible. The proper Bosh 02 sensor was replaced two months ago as well.

If the airbox thermostat was supposed to be working at 20 Celsius, minde had definitely failed, as it was operating only at 50! Ill see about getting a replacement thermostat and re-installing the flap, Only removed it, still working.

Thankyou! Any help is appreciated... I can honestly say this is the most mysterious EFI system Ive encountered, as it gives little feedback to the person diagnosing it.

Edit: removing the cool air cap right away, and finding a thermostat.

Last edited by FuzzyD; 05-12-2010 at 01:04 PM..