View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
johnpr
Master EcoModder

pontiac trans am - '00 pontiac firebird trans am

jeep 1 - '02 jeep wrangler
90 day: 16.76 mpg (US)

jeep 2 - '07 jeep wrangler x
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Toyota - '09 Toyota Corolla lx
the one that always bugged me is when i am going 55 in a (what else) 55 speed zone, a person will rush to pass me literally cutting me off and slaming on there breaks causing me to stop just so that they could make there turn.. never did understand that..

ooohhh another good one, the "bullies" on the highway. i was driving along the highway 65 in a 65 driving my M-I-L's old alero (mother-in-law, wonderful lady she is, and no im not being sarcastic) anyhow, a person comes onto the highway about a car length or two ahead of me, maintains 65, i dont like to be that close behind a person (not to mention it is rude imho) so i move over to the next lane. a person comes up behind the person that just got on and position themselves so i cant move over. out of the blue a Jeep Liberty comes bareling up behind me (one of the new box shaped libertys none the less) and stays less than a cars length away from me. i slow down so the right lane can pass me so i can move over, after the lane passes i resume 65 and move over. the liberty driver moves next to me and stares and starts doing the "what was that about" dumb look (the one where the arms are raised and uper body forms a W) he then speeds off and was gone from sight within about 2 miles (keep in mind this was a pretty flat stretch, he was really booking)

i think a huge electro magnet design to be a repeller instead of an atractor would do wonderfully for some of these situations, its a little less violent and much harder to prove of any wrong doing.

liberty driver "officer i swear i was ramed by that little car"
officer "you mean the one without any damage??"

lol
/rant