View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #157 (permalink)
TechStuf

Quote:
I think it'd be better to show proven results than to just say 'yeah these are great and the work'. - Mjboks
I understand where you are coming from. No doubt, personal experience is great, but I'm hardly interested in running a jaded gauntlet of those naysayers who will cast aspersion no matter the data... I courteously provided the OP a link to Airtab's site, at which a cursory perusal reveals meaningful results. If NASA's wind tunnel tests aren't enough for others, then my comparatively paltry and subjective data certainly wouldn't be persuasive.

Quote:
Oh no, now we will never reach that stage of enlightenment. What a loss to humankind. - Frank Lee
It's not like I'm advocating pulstar plugs here, and as any EcoModder worth his salt already knows, aerodynamic efficiency gains are cumulative. No one addition or reduction is going to do it all. It's also common sense knowledge by now that a flat trailing surface creates a vacuum, which induces drag. By questioning the valid data already produced, that vortex inducers structure trailing edge flow, thereby lessening drag turbulence, one demonstrates ignorance.

Does the rear of a silverado truck end in a point? Obviously not. Would airtabs lessen drag at that location?

Well shucks, apparently that's a hog of a different hue now ain't it.

TS

P.S. My simple suggestion for the maker of the fine silverado aero topper to try airtabs is not responsible for any 'hijacking' of the thread. Topics grow, it's natural. And if by some nefarious chance sprinkling of pixie dust occurs and the OP should see some modest gains by addition of a few cheap airtabs, or his own versions, then I for one, could certainly see cause for a new topic.

Last edited by TechStuf; 05-13-2010 at 05:21 PM..