View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
ojman873
EcoModding Lurker

Accent1 - '07 Hyundai Accent GLS
90 day: 28.88 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to ojman873
In my car (2007 Hyundai Accent GLS Auto), I first let off the gas pedal to induce fuel cut off (DCFO? DFCO? Some 4 letter acronym starting with D and ending with O). With the overdrive still engaged, it can get down to about 35-40 without downshifting. Then, I just push the button to disengage overdrive, and it continues rolling with no fuel until about 15-20 mph. I haven't been able to get it to go slower, but I'd say that's pretty good for me...

A curious situation, though, is that the car only cuts off fuel about 60% of the time. I don't know why it doesn't at other times. When no fuel is delivered to the injectors, the scangauge reads 9999mpg. At other times, I let off the gas pedal and it shows only about 60 mpg, and using about 0.50 gph. I thought that there is some correlation with cold vs. warm engine (it still does this when warm) or that it had something to do with a very full fuel tank (nope) or a very empty one (not necessarily). Anyone know what's up? Maybe the ECU doesn't correctly report fuel cut-off and it always happens anyway?