View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #116 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
I don't remember if the fuel pump relay and the ignition relay are on in key position 2, but I just had an epiphany: the wire that goes from the relay to the key switch is actually 2 wires. One is probably for the starting signal and one is probably for position 2? I otherwise can't figure out why two wires would've been joined into one pin for the CRX main relay. This was the case for 3 different pins on the CRX relay, I believe. One of those pins I didn't end up having to use.... or did I?

Quote:
Your heater control panel is probably constantly on because you have a wire switched somewhere. If you can post any details about how you did the wiring (which wire color/pin/location from each harness you connected) we may be able to help out better with that/those situations.
I bet you a dollar it's happening because I took the climate control from a civic hatch, not a CRX. The pins back there are probably different since CRX has blower controls as electronic, not a cable driven thing (I touched on this earlier in the thread). CRX climate controls are sh!t-spensive, so I'll just figure out how to retrofit the Civic one later (good thing I have that 88 HF service manual!) and just unplug it or the battery for now. Battery chargers are sh!t-spensive too for how much I'd use it. Time to go commandeer one from the 'rents!