View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
nerdboy
EcoModding Lurker

Smile Just signed up to answer your questions...

Hi all, Jeff here from SMCC. I just signed up to the forum so that I can answer your questions and hopefully open up a good debate. The event is posted on tons of forums, but I'm sure this one will provide the most dialogue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco30BMW View Post
But I have to ask, do the promoters realize that's the same weekend as the F1 Canadian GP?
Actually, the date was initially chosen based on tons of other factors. Then we realised that it is indeed F1 weekend. All the better time to be in Montreal! If anyone is coming from far away and needs help with accommodations, or wants a guided tour of the events on the Friday/Sunday, etc. let me know and surely we can get you hooked up.

As for the event itself, I went out yesterday and ran the route to validate the instructions and timing. I had a GREAT time. The rally is quite a different drive from a normal TSD rally, because you're trying to be economical but at the same time fairly brisk. I couldn't be nearly as "optimal" as I was at the AMEC event in November, but I still found a nice smooth (and rather thrilling) pace through the twisty bits. Through the flat parts, there are lots of opportunities to use hypermiling techniques. I achieved 5.7L/100km without being late, without much optimisation and without any mods.

I'll post all of the precisions in a bit. For now, have a look at the updated event flyer (I can't post the link until I have 5 posts under my belt - you can find it on the SMCC website...)
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdboy For This Useful Post:
blownb310 (05-20-2010)