View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Winfield1990
EcoModding Lurker

Even though supercapacitors are heavier for the amount of stored energy Im leaning towards them because I want the least bit of maintenance as possible and quick recharging even though the weight will cut down a bit on my distance. Hopefully my weight reduction plans will keep it from being a big range problem.

I want to use a twin clutch transmission with probably 6 atleast 6 anyway. Because I would like to have each gears top speed set for cruising/driving for different circumstances with the pedal floored to my pedal governor which will keep the motor in the most efficient load. Which will also keep from pushing the motor alot keeping it cool.

example starting off and parking lot speeds I want 1st gear , and last gear highway speeds. while the gears inbetween fall onto areas speed limits or just a stepping stone gear to get to my speed more efficiently

Im not sure of how powerful of a motor I will need but I dont predict it being that powerful , im mainly relying on my gearing since my maximum speed will probably be around 60-65

Regardless of my cooling method I would do it by electrical means. I cant really give a range for the power of a motor I need you guys are more knowledgable than me. So maybe from what Ive said so far you can figure it would be if you could estimate the overall weight of the supercapacitors I plan on stuffing the frame with as many as possible or aiming for atleast 150miles with them on a charge IF POSSIBLE with them