View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Mattt
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
If rules are made to be bocken? then how close can one get to the edge of the rule with out quite bracking it? Would an EV with a tiny Honda 25cc industrial engine or equivelent be considered a hybrid? quite frankly the cause may be erelavent, the question is how to get around the problem rules.
Yes...they can be broken. In the case that I am about to mention, even bent. If someone wants to put an EV on the road(one that they converted), they just have to bend the rules a little. Buy the stupid beater(car), 2) fix it up ICE style so that it's "road ready", (I know that there's a whole ton of cars out there, that with a little work can be fixed up, sent for e-test and safety and then registered. Do you Know what a very light Saturn SL1 SL2 is worth these days AND is still in relatively good shape? Nice and cheap in the 2,000 CAD range. )

After you get through the stupid red tape, pull everything out and convert your ICE to EV. There. Period. I'm furious at all the bureaucracy involved to get it done...We want EV's...Just give them to us!

Answer me this: WHO WILL KNOW or care...? E-tests are gonna faze out soon anyway. Just keep your head down, drive safe, follow the limit etc.
And so what if you got fined? It would probably "feel" worth it. Rebellion against a system designed to take liberties away from us.

Anyway, while I wait for the Tesla Model S to hit the shelf in 2011, that's what I would do.
Call it a "tune-up" afffter the safety/e-test.