View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
groar
X-Frenchy: very

scenic - '01 renault scenic
90 day: 43.09 mpg (US)

megane - '97 renault megane classic
Diesel
90 day: 72.53 mpg (US)

dennisius - '06 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 69.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
I was expecting slightly better results, but as you said, the interfering traffic probably messed things up. Hopefully you'll get another chance.
They are called minitail as they are far from being as long as a boat tail should be, so they can only have a small efficiency if they have some. They are also behind the rear wheel skirts which are effective.

On both configurations I had from front to rear : the uglyteethes, the front wheel deflectors, the rear wheel skirts, the roof extension and the trunk cover; the first three being in front of them. With all these improvements (at least I hope that none have a negative effect) it must be harder to prove the efficiency of another improvement.

I may try to do some coast down testing where I did my first one to compare the results obtained with the stock car and only with grill block and rear wheel skirts, with the current "package". Of course I don't remember tires pressure, atmospheric pressure, temperature and wind... but it could permit a rough comparison with my stock car.
As I severely "killed" my current tank with this test (I estimate I lost 50 km = 31 mi) and as I have the feeling that I can beat my longest tank with this tank I want to keep my chances to do so.

Denis.
Earth and health are priceless, so are kilotank and AT-PZEV
Best Mégane tank: 1268.9mi @ 77.847 MPG(US)
2008/06-2011/10 saving:
  • 5725.5 kg CO2 (5342.6+382.9)
  • Diesel / Money: 42.17% = 2446.25€ = 3357.26$

---
megane : thread - kill switch.