View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #121 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Depending on how much boost you plan to run, either the 302/351 injectors, or the Ford Racing 24lb injectors would be good. The 24lb ones would most likely need some ECU tuning, however, as I don't know if it can adjust the pulsewidth enough for those to work otherwise. With big enough injectors and tuning, you could probably run 8psi or so without an intercooler on 93 octane. If you add an intercooler, you might be able to push 10-11. I'm not sure what the limits of the engine are, however, without internal mods.

It would definitely perk the truck up a bit, and unless you get too heavy on the gas, it probably won't hurt MPG much. Of course, when you get it loaded and make it work, you can laugh at the V8 guys as you cruise right past them, and still get better mpg overall.
I just turned a friend of mine, actually. I can already laugh at the V8 guys and cruise past them, stock vs stock. AFAIK, the 302/351 doesn't make as much torque at it's peak as I do off-idle. muhahahah.

In fact, I can cruise past them, then chain up and pull them against their will.

I'm really just looking for a little extra pep when I get really heavy loads, to be honest. I'll probably also couple it with an RV-type cam to move the peak flow down lower and enable a stronger, flatter (like it could get any flatter) torque curve. (It should be called a torque field...)