Thread: F-150
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
round.boater
EcoModding Lurker

And just today, I finished the first piece of my undertray. I put on an airdam from Bondo a while back, but finally got around to filling in some of the gap underneath with coroplast. There are pieces of angle iron bolted through the fiberglass portion of the air dam and then the coroplast is screwed in using speed nuts. The cross bar is angle aluminum braced off the frame with hose clamps and I just zip-tied the hell out of it there. The trailing edge has a piece of angle aluminum cut to shape and then hose-clamped in place along the frame. There are several self-tapping screws holding the coroplast at the back edge. In the wheel well I've continued the mud guards down to the air dame so that hopefully not too much snow / mud / etc. builds up on the nice shelf I just added to my truck.

No miles on it yet to know if it is actually going to make a difference or not...

The next step will be filling in the space between the frame and the body. I really wish someone sold a bolt-on kit for that since the truck is set up to bolt on a step. Then maybe continue on the belly pan to the next frame piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2809 - s.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	6107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2811 - s.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	6108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2810 - s.jpg
Views:	103