View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #303 (permalink)
bondo
Master EcoModder

Nice job cons! Those are some impressive numbers you are posting. There have been very few of the smaller pickups like your Ranger on which people have built an aerolid. Should be a great test platform. You definitely have the best rearward visibility with your lid being clear.

100MPGUS - saw your post from 4-11-10. It has been an extreme frustration not being able to secure funding for the Aerolid. The design works and is good for a 12 to 15% increase in fuel efficiency on the average.

I tried my other Senator from my state to get a tax credit on the tax code for the implementation of any aerodynamic device which improves the fuel efficiency of any vehicle, pickup truck or car, by 10% or better. Things seem to finally be moving for me.

Everything was going well with my Senator until the 4% ABA test on an aerolid was posted on this web page. My Senators office knew of ecomodder and it may just be coincidence that thier interest wained in pursuing the tax credit for me after this 4% increase in fuel efficiency was posted as being scientific fact. Fact is the conditions when this test was conducted was anything but optimum.

I have stopped making claims. I'll let others who are testing thier own aerolids do the talking for me.

Bondo

Last edited by bondo; 06-01-2010 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: spelling