View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #109 (permalink)
Tango Charlie
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
Busted!

Well, Olivia and I continue to soldier on. The landscape has thawed and summer gasoline has returned to the pumps.

Last week I wheeled through a Taco Bell drive-through...(don't judge me. I know rule #17, so don't quote it to me. Ha ha!)
As I was pulling out, I didn't see their huge Arctic Ocean Icebreaker-sized curbing. I heard a sickening scraping and cracking as Olivia lurched sideways. So now the strake on the passenger side is cracked almost halfway back. Dangnabbit! I guess that's what you call Instant Karma. Stupid Taco Bell. They sure do make a mean Bacon Ranch Tortada, though. *sigh*

I'm leaving in the morning for Memphis, TN for a week-long training class. I've got a two month contract job with a small regional airline. I think the strake will hold together for the trip there and back.

...A Vibe barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability. Better than she was before. Better...stronger...faster...
*whazshonk onk onk onk*

I haven't put a mod on her for so long, I don't even feel like an ecomodder anymore. Here's hoping that will change in the near future.