View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Jim,I'm not even going to believe your boat tail whenever you get to it.
The belly looks so good,had you been a neighbor of Von Dutch,he would have been under your car pin-striping it just for the priviledge!
I think the air is gonna take one look at it and just say 'go ahead and have 100-mpg!'.
Really looks great,thanks for sharing all the pics.
Aerohead,

It's always nice to hear from you, and your kind words are very much appreciated !!

And yes, the tail extension project is under way.

Just talked with my insurance company about the "addition" to the car, and after several discussions with my claims adjuster, they gave the affirmative that it will be covered on the policy. I still need to get their endorsement in writing however.

The tail lights are currently off the car, and various wood blocks are being attached to form the basis of the mounting system. Holding the extension in this area of the car is by far the most critical, as any downward mechanical force on the tail will be leveraged at the mounts located where the tail lights used to be.

I'm kind of waiting for Richard to post some of his pictures before I start posting mine, since he is the first to propose extending the Insight. I consider him the "grand-father" of the Insight project.

Jim.