View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Doing 55 is near suicide here, the highways are only 2 lanes each side and even the truckers will be passing you at great speeds. Though now while on delivery I take the feeder roads (when time ain't an issue), since it's only two exits each way. There I can cruise ~50 mph, and also since we're on the edge of houston, no traffic to deal with on the feeder too. Main loss in MPG is when in neighborhoods. Stop-n-go all the time.

After another tank or so I'll see what it's baseline is now that it's operating fine. I think it was that Lucas fuel cleaner that did the trick, it was the 1st dose that started to fix it, and subsequent doses that have put the missfire to near non-existence.

Once the baseline is figured, grille block is next and more ecodriving, EOC among others.

Still a wicked piece of engineering, though. Carburetted, and better MPG than most cars can dream of. And, unlike most compacts, is a pretty quality little car on it's own. Normally I'm not fond of the manuals in 90s compacts, and their handling is terrible.

This little car is a hoot, though a rear sway bar is up next to knock out some of it's understeer

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues