View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
miket
EcoModding Apprentice

He does keep a mileage log already for tax deductions.

Duration is good but the lifetime warranty is marketing. How many high end customers will wait till its peeling or blistering and waranteeable and not re-paint it years before when its just faded and bad looking? How many will have documentation and prove it wasnt improperly applied and how may have sold their houses? How many will simply forget? Its a numbers game and at some point extending the warantee to lifetime doesnt cost them much more but helps sales even though its not really going to last a lifetime for just about anyone.. Sherwin williams is only out the replacement cost of the paint not the labor so they wont take that big a hit.

He'll ask his gps for the best route lol.

Hes not that computer savvy. Most of the state doest need an amplifier.

Most of our jobs are withing 15-20 miles but in the last year we've worked down in Manhattan and up in Worcester. Whether i tarp them or not, remove them or not will end up on the distance, i'll have to do some testing.

Why does the rake affect FE? Is it aero, does it expose more of the open underbody? Its a short bed the half ton of load isnt going to be that far from the rear axle. He wants to put a shelving unit on one side and put his machines on the other. How much difference matters?

A simple cooler with frozen pack usually or using the customers refrigerator is sufficient. The usually let us use their microwave. Sometimes though we do want to drive to a good local chinese food joint. We do dont much new construction any more.

It probably would have been a smart idea to get a long bed truck or van and a commuter car. I dont think he has the money to do it right now. Theres not much parking where we live, hed have to keep the commuter on the street, except in the snowy wintertime where hed have to park it very very far away because of the street plowing and would drive the truck more. No room for a trailer. He chains up his ladders behind the dumpster. Less than ideal place but its not going to change that soon.

I think a remote engine start would be much cheaper than a webasto. Its not a diesel and It doesn't get more than 10 below here. average 5 days a year below 0. Quite snowy.

I do know that, I'm putting one of the more powerful electric fans in. Its not texas and he doesn't tow so i don think it will be a problem. If it is i'll replace with the mech fan.

Last edited by miket; 06-13-2010 at 12:57 PM..