View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
S2k-Takara
EcoModding Lurker

Undecided - '96 Honda Civic HX
Last 3: 38.01 mpg (US)
Hey guys, just bought a 1996 Civic HX :)

Hello all!

I been lurking for a bit, finally made the plunge and picked up a 1996 Civic HX 5spd. I'm hoping to find a way to get instant mpg if the cheapest/best way to do that is scangauge, then that's what I will do. My other car is a 2005 S2000 it gets decent mpg on long freeway drives (as much as 38-39mpg) since I removed softop and put a carbon fiber hardtop and removed antenna and tools in trunk, but I get terrible city mpg 20ish. (because I drive it that way)

Also, trying to find other mods to bump things up a little. The front tire's the car came with look terrible for mpg...really soft sidewall and really chunky tread design. The problem is that they are damn near new.

I also have a set of Koni shocks and groundcontrols from my CRX, do you guys think lowering will significantly improve mpg?

What I have done so far:

remove AC belt - ac didnt work anyway, but do you guys think it's worth the trouble to remove AC componets?

I removed powersteering belt...but i been reading that I cant do that...I can def live without power steering, but how much will I really save by swapping in a manual rack?