View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

DO'S
Always read the directions front to back and then read again.

DON'T
So after soldering all of my wires and running them to where I wanted to mount the unit, I tested the wires one last time. Turns out with the key on, my injector wire had power to it. Now I remember reading something in
MPGuino - EcoModder
about the wire you want from the injector DOESN'T HAVE power to it.

Upset that I did all this work I search over and over on the 1000 page manual to find out if that other injector wire comes into the cabin because I like to keep all my engine bay wires loomed up nicely. After not finding what I need I decide to tap into the other wire from the injector directly, i route it through the firewall inside one of the wire boots and connect it to my original wire that I have since cut off of the ecu injector wire.

Glad that I can finally get this project going I test the wires one last time. THE DAMN INJECTOR WIRE HAS POWER TO IT AGAIN. Now i'm upset and slightly confused, i thought the other wire was suppose to not be hot. I read the directions again on
MPGuino - EcoModder
and read that WHEN THE INJECTOR CONNECTOR IS UNPLUGGED, one wire is hot, and one is not. Turns out my original wire that i connected to from the ecu was the correct wire in the first place. After re-soldering my original wire back on, i put everything together and VOILA! It works.