View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sean T.
EcoMod Wannabe

Taurusaurus Rex - '97 Ford Taurus GL (Sedan)
90 day: 19.39 mpg (US)

Blue Wagon - '00 Ford Taurus Wagon SE Comfort
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
Actually I am in Michigan, but I am near the border, so I figure a few Firefly's might have made it over here.

I have tried driving a stick shift, and I actually don't really care for it... I have also ridden in them, and don't really enjoy the ride too much.

The Taurus will probably be kept, but will probably be dropped down to storage status for insurance. Besides, my parents pay for the insurance. (forgot to mention I am 18 and will be staying home, commuting to college).

The Taurus is legally my parent's car, so the fact of "the cheapest car is the one you already own" (which I believe in) doesn't really apply to me.

As for the list of cars posted, I will add the CX to the list, but anything relatively new (focus, scions, matrix, cobalt, etc.) is out of the question. We simply don't have the money to afford a car newer than about '99.

There seems to be a lot of Metros driving around here, but haven't seen any for sale. I did see a very nice condition Saturn S series for sale, but didn't stop to check the price. Although, I would really rather get a hatchback (later to be made a kammback) as I could use all the cargo space I can get.

And thanks for the warm welcome!!!