View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
jamminjimmy
EcoModding Lurker

CRex - '87 Honda CRX Si r
90 day: 34 mpg (US)

Taurazz - '05 Ford Taurus
90 day: 23.38 mpg (US)

HF ecomod cheater - '86 Honda Crx HF
Fyi,
I looked around for EDTA, but was only able to find a supply on Ebay, and it seemed expensive for the amount you get. There is also a source on Ebay for an inexpensive (around $35-$40 U.S.) desulphator, which I bought two of....
There is the before mentioned free parts lists on the NET to build your own, but I have more money than time at this point.....

The ones I bought seem pretty advanced(for all I know about them). Short circuit protection, overcharging protection, will only work when charging(shuts off automatically below 12.5 volts so you don't drain your battery), and other features I can't remember right now....

I hooked up my o-scope and verifed the unit's pulsing.

I do not have time for controlled testing, but have revived my motorcycle battery(would not turn the bike over-now cranks extrememly fast). And beefed up my CRX battery. Got several dead batteries on the shelf that are next in line....

For kicks, I also rejuvenated my 3 ryobi 18vdc battery packs(all would charge maximum around 13 volts- Now back to full 18vdc charged at only about 5 minutes on the desulphator).... These are Ni-Cad batteries, so i imagine the desulphator didn't do the same job as it does on lead batters, probably blew out internal micro shorts or something, I'm not sure..... Still playing....

Just updating for information- something i didn't know about before- thanks for the info guys....